Friday, April 24, 2009

God's creativity...

For the past few months Jud has been taking classes at Eaton Canyon Nature Center right behind our apartment which has been great for him. As you can guess Jud has definitely been missing the ocean since we've moved to Pasadena, but he now has the Angeles Crest Mountains which he's been hiking almost everyday now. Last week he officially graduated from his docent class is allowed to volunteer as a trail guide taking kids on field trips throughout the canyon! I am so proud and excited for Jud, as those of you that know him well, know that it is outside that he feels most alive.



To add to God's creativity to this season of our lives, my family on my dad's side reunited last weekend to celebrate my Grandpa's life and come together to support one another in this time. I was excited and hesitant about seeing relatives I hadn't seen in 12 years! I thought it was going to be awkward and a bit fake. But, God surprised me! (as He usually does!) It was the most amazing time. I related with my cousins like I never have before. We talked and talked. We talked about God's sovereignty and how good He is in His timing of taking not only our grandpa home with the Lord, but their mom as well this year. I got to meet their adorable children for the first time. One of my favorite moments of the time was listening to my grandma share how her and grandpa met and how he had to ask her three times before she said yes to marrying her. I think it was healing for her to share all those memories with us. Praise be to God for bringing us all together and giving us the hope we have in eternal life with knowing Christ!


Here we are with my grandma Tures...she's hanging in there, holding on to the hope that grandpa is in heaven enjoying the presence of our Lord!


It was so good to see my sis and our cousin Dustin!


Here are my three cousins: Nannette, Janette, & Danette with Danette's little girl Emma.


This is a stepping stone that we all took part in decorating for my grandma to take back home with her in memory of my grandpa. That was really special to do.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So good to hear all that. :)

Chris said...

Congratulations, Judd, on your graduation from the docent program at Eaton Canyon. I have hiked there many times (miss hiking there). I remember hiking there one time with a group from church when I was in my early 20's (that was a lonnnnnnng time ago) and we went on a night hike. Ran into a couple of rattlesnakes on the trail, but they didn't bother us - we gave them a wide berth. Glad you are getting the opportunity to be outside. The foothills are very beautiful there.

Kathy J said...

If I had kids, I would love for them to go hiking with "uncle" Jud. I'm sure they would have a great time! Glad to hear that time with your family went well!

Kimmie said...

WoW - I am thankful for God's provision for you guys and continue to pray for things. I am thrilled to hear about the reunion, amazing how God can weave together the hearts of families. Thanks for sharing.